I’ve been asked lots of questions on what to consider when viewing a condo and what to ask the listing agent.
That’s why I put together a condo viewing checklist – to make sure no stone is left unturned!
Of course, this isn’t the be-all and end-all of condo viewing checklists, but these basic steps should help you identify any potential issues and ensure you ask the right questions.
So let’s get started!
Singapore Condo Viewing Checklist
Before the Viewing
- Ask the agent for a floor plan so you can get a better look at the property,
- Investigate the unit on Google Maps to measure distances to transport and amenities,
- Find out if it’s paid in full, if there are any encumbrances,
- The seller’s reason for putting it up for sale,
- and if it’s currently tenanted.
- What’s the proximity of public transportation like (MRT/Bus)?
- Is it convenient for commuting to work?
- How long would it take to get there?
- Is there easy access to the nearest highway?
- Does traffic get congested during rush hour?
- Are there any nearby schools/preschools/kindergartens and, if so, how far and safe are the routes to them?
- Are there any food options close by?
- Are there any amenities such as wet markets/supermarkets in the vicinity?
- Is there access to medical care like clinics or hospitals?
- What is the positioning of the unit in relation to its environment?
- Is it tucked away, central, or peaceful?
- How is the view from the property?
- Are any forthcoming buildings that could possibly obstruct your view in the future (according to the URA Master Plan)?
- What is the composition of the neighbourhood like?
- Are there more elderly people or young couples with children?
- Does it match the kind of atmosphere you’d prefer?
- Are there any recreational areas for young children?
- Are there potential playmates of similar age?
- Finally, how convenient is the entry and exit to the condo – is there only one way in and out?
- Do you see any cracks or damp areas in the unit?
- Is there enough parking space for cars and visitors?
- Can the existing furniture fit in the new space?
- Are there possibilities to add or remove walls?
- What fittings and built-in items will be included in the house sale price?
- Is the condition of the tiles, floors, and walls good enough for minor renovations?
- Are there any repairs needed for the interior?
- Do you need the layout to be functional?
- What direction does the house face and will you be basking in the morning or afternoon sun?
- Is there sufficient wind flow and ventilation?
- What’s the total of the maintenance fees and sinking fund?
I’m hoping this checklist is helpful! Please let me know in the comments if I have missed out any important details that should be included when viewing a condo.
Should You Buy, Sell or Wait?
If you’re reading this, you must be trying to figure out the best course of action right now: is it the right time to buy or sell?
It’s difficult to give an exact answer since everyone’s situation is unique and what works for one person may not necessarily work for you.
I can bring you a wealth of on-the-ground experience and a data-driven approach to provide clarity and direction. From beginners to experienced investors, our top-down, objective approach will help you on your real estate journey.
I can help you by:
- Offering Strategic Real Estate Advice – I can help create a comprehensive plan to guide you through your property journey.
- Connecting Your Home with the Perfect Buyers – Through stunning visuals, an effective communication strategy, and an in-depth knowledge of the market, we’ll ensure your home is presented in the best possible way to fulfill your goals.
You May Also Like …